Take part in this wool workshop and leave with your own wool creations (cushions, weaving, beads, etc.)!
- Date: 27/07
- Duration: 3 hours
- Price: 30€/pers.
- Capacity: 6 people max
- From: 6 years (with 1 adult)
- Difficulty: Easy
In a rural setting, come and learn how our ancestors worked the wool from their sheep ! 🙂
On the programme:
- Visit of the sheepfold
- Discovery of the necessary equipment: carding machines, spindles, spinning wheels, peg loom, etc.
- Preliminary work on the wool: sorting of a raw fleece, slivering, carding, etc.
- Making a cushion or a mini weaving and felted beads
Meet your organiser, Brigitte !
A spinning wheel found in the back of the attic, a spinner discovered at a craft fair in Brittany, a meeting with a friend who is passionate about vegetable dyeing, a building on our farm to be renovated and, naturally, some sheep! This is how my passion for handmade wool began, not to mention the basic knitting and crocheting techniques passed on by my mother since childhood.
Starting from the animal to create an object, finding the time and the pleasure of creation at a slower pace, in the respect of nature. Passing on this art of living excites me, as I was a teacher in another life.
Photos of previous wool workshops
Notes on the wool workshop:
- No prerequisites necessary.
- Children and teenagers welcome.
- Brigitte speaks only French but welcomes people who speak another language 😉
Want to do something else than a wool workshop?
Do you want to discover the other activities organised in the commune of Beauraing? Check out our agenda !